Is inflammation of conjunctiva characterized by conjunctival hyperemia and edema that caused by a virus.
- Adenovirus type 8 or 19.
- Herpes simplex and entero_virus.
- Viral fever.
- Irritation and discomfort.
- Watery discharge.
- Red eye.
- Edema and vesicles in the eyelid.
- Chemosis,hyperemia, subconjunctival hemorrhage, conjunctival follicles.
- Pre_auricular lymphadenopathy.
- Punctate keratitis ,dendritic corneal ulcer.
– viral conjunctivitis is a self limiting disease that resolves within one or two weeks.
– treatment by giving antiviral drugs ,like acyclovir eye ointment.
Category | Ophthalmology